Name of Client ________________________________
Event Date ___________________________________
Event Location ________________________________
As your cake decorator, I agree to prepare for pickup or deliver the cake described on the order form in a timely and agreed upon manner. The following conditions apply:
- To be placed on the schedule and have your date reserved, a non-refundable retainer of 50% of the total must be paid and this contract must be filled out, signed, initialed and returned. If both the retainer and signed contract are not received, your cake order will not be placed on the schedule.
- The total balance after the non-refundable retainer is due upon pickup or prior to delivery. If the client cancels an order within two weeks of the event, the full amount paid is non-refundable. If full payment is not received by the due date, the contract will be void for non-payment. If you cancel more than two weeks in advance, you will receive a refund for the balance less the non-refundable retainer and a 25% handling fee.
- In the case of fresh flower usage, the client is responsible for providing the flowers and should obtain a notice of plant safety from the florist. If fresh flower placement is included in our setup fee, Piece of Cake Lafayette will ensure safe food practices by working in conjunction with the florist. If fresh flowers are placed on the cake without our knowledge we are in no way responsible for food safety.
- The colors black, blue, purple, hot pink, red, or any shade of these colors cannot be guaranteed. These colors are unstable and may fade and /or bleed into surrounding areas.
- Ingredients and/or machinery may have come in contact with nuts, dairy, egg and wheat products. By initialing, you state that you are aware of possible allergens: _____ Initial
- The client agrees to be prompt when picking up an order. If you arrive after the shop has closed and an employee must stay late for your pickup, an additional after-hours charge of $1 per minute will incur and the cake will not be released until the fee is paid.
- In the case of an occurrence such as a car accident or any inadvertent or accidental default of any kind, Piece of Cake Lafayette cannot be held liable for more than the price of the cake. In the unlikely event that the cake sustained damage during delivery, we reserve the right to be up to two hours late to any event to repair the product to the best of our ability in the given time frame.
- Adverse weather conditions (heat, rain, humidity) will affect the look of the finished product. Cake condition will not be guaranteed in this situation, or outdoors in any weather condition.
- If in the unlikely event you are dissatisfied with the taste of the cake and deem it inedible, the unaltered & uneaten cake in its entirety must be returned the day of the event for inspection. If a major mishap has indeed occurred at the fault of the baker, arrangements will then be discussed for possible compensation at our discretion. If you do not make contact with us the day of the event, no arrangements will be made, no exceptions.
- Piece of Cake Lafayette is not responsible for any aspect of the cake after it has been deemed satisfactory upon delivery or pickup. Poor road conditions, improper transportation methods and careless driving by the client may damage the cake.
- Each cake is custom designed by Piece of Cake Lafayette. Therefore, cakes will never look exactly like a photo provided for inspiration. The decorator reserves the right to alter any structural or aesthetic elements of the cake without notice in order to create the design. The client understands that copyrighted images will not be duplicated under any circumstances.
- Piece of Cake Lafayette will provide one design consultation free of charge for weddings and large events. Consultations with a tasting must be booked in advance. After design and flavors are finalized, any subsequent changes will incur a $50 redesign fee. Tastings are $30 and can either be picked up or provided during a consultation. The cost of the tasting will be deducted from the final price of the cake when the order is booked.
- The client agrees that changes may only be made up to 2 weeks prior to the event.
Client Signature ________________________________________ Date ________________