Signature ____________________________________________ Date ______________________
Address _____________________________________________ Phone _____________________
As your cake decorator, I agree to prepare for pickup or deliver the cake described on the order form in a timely and agreed upon manner. Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Piece of Cake Lafayette LLC and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, acts of god, and other causes beyond our control. The following conditions apply:
- To be placed on the schedule and have your date reserved, a non-refundable retainer of 50% of the total must be paid and this contract must be filled out, signed, initialed and returned. If both the retainer and signed contract are not received, your cake order will not be placed on the schedule.
- The total balance after the non-refundable retainer is due two weeks prior to the reserved date. If the client cancels an order within thirty days of the event, the full amount paid is non-refundable. If full payment is not received by the due date, the contract will be void for non-payment and the customer must make other arrangements & will not receive a cake. Delivery is not included in the cake price. If you cancel more than 30 days in advance, you will receive a refund for the balance, less the retainer and a 25% handling fee.
- In the case of fresh flower usage, the client is responsible for providing the flowers and should obtain a notice of plant safety from the florist. If fresh flower placement is included in our setup we will arrange up to 25 stems for free, with $1 per each additional stem. Piece of Cake Lafayette will ensure safe food practices by working in conjunction with the florist. If fresh flowers are placed on the cake without our knowledge we are in no way responsible for food safety. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food item and may contain pesticides, dirt, insects, or other contaminants.
- The colors black, blue, purple, hot pink, red, or any shade of these colors cannot be guaranteed. These colors are unstable and may fade and /or bleed into surrounding areas. Dark colors may stain teeth and have residual flavor, and we determine color match quality.
- Ingredients and/or machinery may have come in contact with nuts, dairy, egg and wheat products. By initialing, you state that you are aware of possible allergens: _____ Initial
- The client agrees to be prompt when picking up an order. If you arrive after the shop has closed and an employee must stay late for your pickup, an additional after-hours charge of $1 per minute will incur and the cake will not be released until the fee is paid.
- In the case of an occurrence such as a car accident or any inadvertent or accidental default of any kind, Piece of Cake Lafayette cannot be held liable for more than the price of the cake. In the unlikely event that the cake sustained damage during delivery, we reserve the right to be up to two hours late to any event to repair the product to the best of our ability in the given time frame.
- Adverse weather conditions (heat, rain, humidity) will affect the look of the finished product. Cake condition will not be guaranteed in this situation, or outdoors in any weather condition. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake. Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and optimal room temperature of 75 degrees or below.
- If in the unlikely event you are dissatisfied with the taste of the cake and deem it inedible, the unaltered & uneaten cake in its entirety must be returned the day of the event for inspection. If a major mishap has indeed occurred at the fault of the baker, arrangements will then be discussed for possible compensation at our discretion. If you do not make contact with us the day of the event, no arrangements will be made, no exceptions.
- Piece of Cake Lafayette is not responsible for any aspect of the cake after it has been deemed satisfactory upon delivery or pickup. Poor road conditions, improper transportation methods and careless driving by the client may damage the cake. If you or your representative elects to pick up, transport, and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Piece Of Cake Lafayette.
- Each cake is custom designed by Piece of Cake Lafayette. Therefore, cakes will never look exactly like a photo provided for inspiration. We reserve the right to alter any structural or aesthetic elements of the cake without notice in order to create the design and determine the level of replication. The client understands that copyrighted images will not be duplicated under any circumstances.
- Piece of Cake Lafayette will provide one design consultation free of charge for weddings and large events. Consultations with a tasting must be booked in advance. After design and flavors are finalized, any subsequent changes will include a $50 redesign fee. Tastings are $30 and can either be picked up or provided during a consultation. The cost of the tasting will be deducted from the final price of the cake when the order is booked.
- Piece of Cake Lafayette reserves the right to use any photographs or likenesses of your cake for display or promotion without compensation to you as the client
- The client agrees that changes may only be made up to 2 weeks prior to the event.
Decoration of Wedding Cakes
- It is understood that any items brought into Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC to be added on a cake for decoration is to be used at the bakery’s discretion.
- It is understood that any ribbon added to the cake will darken in color due to the butter content in the icing. Satin ribbon with no wire works best on wedding cakes. Ribbon that is added to a tiered cake will be provided by the client unless the bakery agrees to supply ribbon.
- Detail work out of frosting on the cake may not be possible in certain colors due to the risk of bleeding from high humidity in late spring to early fall.
- Any items used to add decoration to the cake such as cake toppers or other figurines will be added at the reception site. If once at the site the cake topper or figurines do not seem stable enough to leave on the cake, Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC reserves the right to leave them off the cake in order to insure the structure and stability of the cake.
- In the rare event an outside party damages the cake after we have left the reception site, contact us immediately. If possible, a Piece of Cake Lafayette will return to fix any damage for a fee that will be assessed according to the damage made.
- Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC is not responsible for any items added to the cake after delivery or any damage done to the cake once it is delivered and set up. Do not move the cake once it is set up.
- It is ultimately understood that Piece of Cake Lafayette, LLC knows what their product can uphold as far as decoration and will do as much as in their power to create the envisioned cake.